Join us this fall at Up Track Toronto for Scott Vj Guy’s fun and informative Live Video Art Sessions
Live Video Art Workshop sessions @ Up Track Tuesday Sept 26th , Oct 3rd & Oct 10th
1409 Bloor St. West , Toronto
Instructor : Scott Vj Guy
Intro/Intermediate class (1 session) : $90
Advanced/Performance class (2 sessions) : $160
Package Deal (All 3 Sessions) : $225 (save $25)
Scott Vj Guy and Up Track present a new workshop series that will cover VJ performance and video art installation design. Drawing from over a decade of performing experience working as a professional video artist in almost all types of shows, Scott Vj Guy has put together a great package of presentations, demonstrations and hands on experience application.
Over this 3 night course you will learn the techniques used by some of the biggest Visuals artists in the business and understand the steps and workflows needed to perform and excel in this craft.
Classes Include special features DIY Production tips, valuable Vj reference handouts, hands on video experimentation sessions and multiple projection spaces for hands on learning for the whole group. We also have several demo objects for 3D projection mapping. There will be a lot of information and practical work and those who attend both sessions will create an installation from start to finish including planning, content creation, installation and Performance.
Come join Vj Guy for the LVArt sessions at Up Track Toronto this September and create your very own Live Video Art installations.
Some topics include
Intro / Intermediate Class (1 night – Sept 26th) :
-Vj Kit requirements and building tips
-Vj Fundamentals (everything you need to know to get started)
-Try out a selection of software and hardware video mixing systems
(demo programs, included)
– Deep Dive Tutorial of Resolume and Resolume Arena features
– How to set up a venue for a projection show
– Basic content creation and preparation
– Installation art brainstorming sessions ( planting the seed of creation for class 2)
– Video mixing , effects, looping and beat matching
– Useful DIY tips and VJ reference handouts
– DIY Screen and projection mapping surface building
– Projection Mapping Demonstration
Advanced / Performance Class ( 2 nights – Oct 3rd, Oct 10th) :
– Vj Fundamentals (a strong foundation to build great work upon)
– Advanced kit design and input devices (Cameras, Sensors, mics, controllers)
– Multiple video performance software options and tips
– Custom content creation and preparing professional level Vj work
– Finding your style , making your mark, be an artist but design your installation within constraints that define it
– Performer advice and discussion , Gig tips that make life easier
– Video Art Installation design and set up (hands on + theory)
– 2D & 3D Video Mapping(planning, production and setup) (hands on + theory)
– Sound reactive effects (hands on + theory)
– Interactive installations (Demonstration)
– Integrating DMX and Art-net fixture and LED lighting control into your performance ( presentation )
– Personal or group project development and presentation.
So much to learn and do this course will satisfy beginner curiosity and get them started as well as help an experienced performer step up his/her game to the next level and design the next great Live Video Art installation !
Hope to see you this fall 🙂
Bring your own laptop if possible,
(You don’t have to have a top of the line system and demo software is provided.)
We will have a few systems on site for shared use. Please contact if required. If needed we pair up students two to a system
Contact email@example.com with any questions.